Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Mom!


I made a wonderful birthday cake for my mom's birthday this past Friday. Oh, and I also made some mini cupcakes to go along with the cake! I'm not much of a baker but I love to do it occasionally!

For the first time I made my own cream cheese frosting. Oh, it was oh-so-yummy! I'll make it again definitely! & next time, whenever I bake again, I'll give a cream cheese frosting tutorial on my blog!
You can add as many layers as you want! Two, three or just one. I just baked one cake & cut it into two parts. You can also make your own strawberry jam/glaze but I decided to just go out & get one. You can it the glaze anywhere. I bought mine at Walmart.

The finishing touches! If only I had a cake platter then it would really look nice just like in those professional pictures. But oh well, it was baked for my mom, my family loved it & it tasted so good! My family just love strawberries! I'll definitely be making this again!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post!




No comments:

Post a Comment