Monday, February 3, 2014

Ninja Theme & Birthday Cake

Hi all!

Hope you're doing well! Here's a cake that I made for my little brother's birthday! He turned six on Feb. 1st. Ah, time flies by so fast!

Anyways, I'm really really proud of myself. I think this is the best cake yet that I have ever made! Well, I think so.

I've seen a lot of different
ninja cake ideas on Pinterest and a lot of them were cool. I was planning to use white powder to outline a ninja on the cake and at the very last second I've changed my mind. And honestly, I really like my idea better. It turned out just the way I expected and that's a first, I tell you! A lot of the cakes in my head never turn out the way how I want them to be. But this one, I was very proud of my work.


I printed ninja silhouettes, cut them out, and hot glue tooth picks on them.


For the "battle scene" I used crushed Oreos. You can also see a little red here and there and I threw red sprinkles around the top for that "blood" efftect.


Here's a closer look from the side. 



I used mini Oreos all around the cake. I put a red ribbon around the cake as well. Threw in a "Happy Birthday" banner to finish the look and done! My ninja cake!


Here's goodie bags  that I made for my little brother's class. I tied individual ninja headbands to all the goodie bags so that all of classmates can be a ninja as well.


Ninja red velvet cupcakes for his class party.


There's the birthday boy! Bought the nunchucks from the Dollar Store and made my own DIY ninja headband using ribbons.


Thanks for reading! Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment