Friday, January 31, 2014

Rice Krispie Treats with M&M's

Hi everyone!

Here's something special that I made for my boyfriend on his new job. Technically, he's been working at this job for 6 months already but it's only as a temp. and now he's officially a part of the company. Able to get the benefits and everything and I'm so proud of him!

Anyways, with a long distance relationship, it's pretty hard to send stuff, especially bake goods. So I thought, why not make Rice Krispies, right?
They stay pretty good for a long time if you wrap them up good.

Ingredients:
1 box of Rice Krispies
1 bag of M&M's Mini (can use regular size as well but I prefer mini size)
1 bag of marshmallows 
1 stick of butter

Instructions:
I know some people microwave their marshmallows, but my family and I prefer to melt the marshmallows on the stove with a huge pan. Cut up the stick of butter into chuck of slices and throw it in the pan as it starts to melt. Then mix in your bag of marshmallows. Keep stirring until the marshmallows melts into a liquid. Wait for the marshmallow to cool just a minute, you don't want to poor in the Rice Krispies right after you melt the marshmallows because this can cause your Rice Krispies to get very soft and mushy. After a minute or so, pour in the Rice Krispies and mix. At the same time, mix in your M&M's as well. Place in an aluminum pan or whatever pan you want to keep your Rice Krispies in and wait for about an hour to let it cool and get that crunchiness like a Rice Krispie supposed to get and done! Viola! Rice Krispie treats with M&M's. Yum!

Super easy, right? One of the easiest dessert/snack ever! My siblings and I really like the Rice Krispies more with the M&M's but for some reason, my parents prefer to have it plain.

Well, for Rice Krispies you can really mix it with pretty much whatever you prefer. I've seen some with pretzels, chocolate, and of course, M&M's. Whatever you desire, really!

Again, the main reason these were made was to congratulate my boyfriend on his job. Here's a little gift basket that I made for him.


Rice Krispie treats gift basket


Kind of reminds you of Valentine's Day, right? This would be another great idea for Valentine's though!

I wrapped the Rice Krispie individually and then gift wrapped it. The gift wrap, bow, and ribbon can be bought from the Dollar Store or anywhere, practically. I wanted to make the saying related to the Rice Krispie theme and so I really love this saying that I wrote! "Congrats on the job! Show them who's snap, crackle, poppin'!"

Well, everyone, that concludes this blog entry for today. Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment