Monday, January 19, 2015

Hello everyone!

Just recently I bought myself a new blender/grinder for my new dorm and I absolutely love it!

So to test it out I made a smoothie, what better way? I made a banana, watermelon, and strawberry smoothie. It was delicious. You can practically make almost anything into a smoothie.

Ingredients:


1. You want to use at least two or three different fruits. Fresh or frozen can work. Adding some green can be tasty as well for those who are trying to get into a healthy diet, such as spinach or kale.


2. Next, add one or two cups of some type liquid for your base, or it really depends on your fruit amount or how big your blender is. In this instance, I selected milk. You can also select other liquids such as water, juice, and etc. There's also different type of milk that you might want to try, such as almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk.


3. Now you want to get your smoothie that thick, creaminess texture. So what will it be? I selected ice cubes (crushed) for my smoothie. Again, the amount depends on you. You can also use yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, cookies (maybe cookies n' cream?), and etc. I remember my sister tried Nutella before. Now you can turn this into a milkshake, huh?


4. Alright, choose your flavors! Smoothies are mainly sweet, in which I used 2 teaspoon of sugar for my smoothie, but if you're going for that green healthy diet smoothie then try herbs (like mint), spices, ginger, cinnamon, honey, syrup, and etc.


Blend it all up! And there you go! How hard can it be? Not too hard really. There's all kinds of smoothie recipes that you can get from websites. I love going to Pinterest for my recipes!


Here's my simple smoothie. Nothing too fancy. FYI, if you want to make that power smoothie try adding things like powder nutrients. There's protein powder, vitamin powder, cocoa powder, and other power boosts like fish oil or flax oil, and seeds, like chia seeds.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment