Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day celebration with all of your love ones. I know it's a couple days past Father's Day already but I wanted to share some of the things that my family did for my dad this past weekend.

1. Dad's To-Go Gift Caddy



 Now, if you're as broke as I am, you understand that these holidays are killing us! But, out of love, we still would like to make our love ones happy. Therefore, it's time to head to the dollar store! And hey, they got some nifty stuff. I do my shopping at the dollar store all the time!


Items: a caddy, Father's Day card, a sponge, a towel, popcorn, a Dad's drink, and Snickers chocolate bars


Now you might be thinking, what a weird combination. Well, the idea is that our dad can enjoy watching his movie (kids-free) with the popcorn, drink, and chocolates while the kids go out with the sponge and towel to wash his car.


See, as you can see we also included a "One Free Car Wash From Your Kids" coupon. The gift turned out great! And us kids had a great time washing the cars.

2. Chocolate Strawberry Cake topped with Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds


My family loves strawberries and so I made sure that the first layer was covered with strawberries!


Then top the strawberries with cream cheese filling!


Make sure to spread the cream cheese around.


Then cover it with another layer of cake. Cover the top with cream cheese again. Then make sure to cut the chocolate bars into pieces and place it on top of the cake for the finishing touch.


And viola! Here's the cake that we made for my wonderful dad!



It was oh-so-yummy!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post! Happy Father's Day to all! I hope you all had a great one! 


Have a great day everyone! Feel free to comment! Also, don't forget to follow Variety o' Variety on Pinterest! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment